As service providers, we all want to create a positive experience for our clients. Going above and beyond doesn’t only mean during the project — but in every aspect of your client interactions. Not to mention, happy clients + a smooth process is how you bring in more referrals! Adding intentionality and kindness into our client process can make a huge difference. Here are 10 ways to do just that, so that your clients are always happy campers!
01. Give them a warm welcome. Take the time to greet your clients, send them a kind message, and make them feel comfortable as the project starts.
02. Take interest in who THEY are. Ask questions about their business, their dreams and goals, and even about their personal life!
03. Go the extra mile to make sure they feel heard. Answer their questions if they have any, take notice of their feedback, and respect any of their established boundaries.
04. Be as responsive as possible. When a client contacts you, answer them within a reasonable time frame so that they don’t feel like they’re being forgotten.
05. Always keep them in the loop. Update your clients during each stage of your process, whether it’s through your PM, email, or instant messaging. Constant, clear communication is always appreciated.
06. Show appreciation through kind messages. Express gratitude for your client and let them know you value their trust in you and all of their collaboration in the project.
07. Use project management tools that make it easy to be intentional. For instance, I use Notion and Dubsado to run my projects. These two platforms create a seamless, intuitive, and intentional process for both me and my clients!
08. Go the extra mile. Include extra perks or services (within reason) to show your clients you care about their satisfaction. Don’t make a big deal of it — just overdeliver without expectation.
09. Send them a personalized gift or thank you card at the end of the project. This lets them know you care about them even beyond your business transaction together.
10. Follow up after the project is over. See if there’s anything else you can do to serve them, and get their feedback if possible. Let them know you’re not just leaving them high and dry once your collaboration finishes!
BONUS TIP: You can grab our Notion Client Portal Template HERE. It uses the exact same process I use for my very own clients… which, if I do say so myself, is very intuitive and intentional!
Adding intentionality to your client process can help create a positive and long-lasting relationship with your clients. Try implementing these tips and see the difference it makes!
Welcome to the Studio Alexia mailroom, where we send love letters on a regular basis. When you sign up, you're getting first dibs to any new offers, studio updates, design tips, and a little more joy added to your inbox.